Herbed Stuffed Chicken
Makes 4 servings
Equipment you will need: cast iron skillet, cutting board/chef knife, spatula
Preheat oven to 400°
Do right away when you get home: Action steps 1 & 2
1/2 tsp. fresh rosemary
2 oz. Canadian bacon
1/4 cup goat cheese
1. Chop rosemary and Canadian bacon into fine pieces. Combine ingredients in a bowl.
4 (6 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2. Cut a horizontal slit through the thickest portion of each chicken breast to form a pocket. Stuff about 3 Tbsp. cheese mixture into each pocket. Close openings with toothpicks. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
3. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan and cook 4 minutes. Turn chicken over and place pan in oven. Bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is done. Let stand 5 minutes.
4. Discard toothpicks. Cut chicken diagonally into 1/2-inch thick slices. Serve with pan juices.
- Task force catches more criminals exploiting children online
- Belle Square development moves forward
- Crews begin renovations on La Crosse's Powell Park
- La Crosse officials look for input on proposed 'greenway'
- Wisconsin judge drops power line construction ban
- One week after storms, cleanup continues
- New La Crosse Fire Chief approved by Fire Commission
- ‘Go Red for Women' La Crosse luncheon highlights heart disease among women
- La Crosse city departments host ‘City Open House' for residents
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash