Herbed Stuffed Chicken
Makes 4 servings
Equipment you will need: cast iron skillet, cutting board/chef knife, spatula
Preheat oven to 400°
Do right away when you get home: Action steps 1 & 2
1/2 tsp. fresh rosemary
2 oz. Canadian bacon
1/4 cup goat cheese
1. Chop rosemary and Canadian bacon into fine pieces. Combine ingredients in a bowl.
4 (6 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2. Cut a horizontal slit through the thickest portion of each chicken breast to form a pocket. Stuff about 3 Tbsp. cheese mixture into each pocket. Close openings with toothpicks. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
3. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan and cook 4 minutes. Turn chicken over and place pan in oven. Bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is done. Let stand 5 minutes.
4. Discard toothpicks. Cut chicken diagonally into 1/2-inch thick slices. Serve with pan juices.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser
- Parents accused of starving teen daughter plead not guilty
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore