Products and services
The Mayo Clinic Diet book
Free Enewsletter - Subscribe to Housecall - Our weekly general interest e-newsletter keeps you up to date on a wide variety of health topics.Sign up now
By Mayo Clinic Staff
Cod — a mild-flavored saltwater fish — is a good candidate for grilling. Wrap the stuffing-coated fillets in aluminum foil and grill until firm and opaque throughout, about 5 minutes on each side.
Number of servings
3/4 cup herb-flavored stuffing
4 cod fillets, each 4 ounces
1/4 cup honey
Preheat the oven to 375 F. Lightly coat a 9-by-13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
Place stuffing in a sealed bag. Crush until it has a crumb texture.
Brush the fillets with honey. Discard any remaining honey. Place a fillet in the bag of stuffing. Shake the bag gently to coat the cod evenly. Place the fillet on the baking dish and repeat with the remaining fillets.
Bake until the fish is opaque throughout when tested with the tip of a knife, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutritional analysis per serving
Serving size :1 fillet
- Total fat
- Total carbohydrate
- Dietary fiber
- Monounsaturated fat
< 1 g
- Saturated fat
< 1 g
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- New faces breathe new life into debate on Sunday booze ban
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday