By Mayo Clinic Staff
Cod — a mild-flavored saltwater fish — is a good candidate for grilling. Wrap the stuffing-coated fillets in aluminum foil and grill until firm and opaque throughout, about 5 minutes on each side.
Number of servings
3/4 cup herb-flavored stuffing
4 cod fillets, each 4 ounces
1/4 cup honey
Preheat the oven to 375 F. Lightly coat a 9-by-13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
Place stuffing in a sealed bag. Crush until it has a crumb texture.
Brush the fillets with honey. Discard any remaining honey. Place a fillet in the bag of stuffing. Shake the bag gently to coat the cod evenly. Place the fillet on the baking dish and repeat with the remaining fillets.
Bake until the fish is opaque throughout when tested with the tip of a knife, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutritional analysis per serving
Serving size :1 fillet
- Total fat
- Total carbohydrate
- Dietary fiber
- Monounsaturated fat
< 1 g
- Saturated fat
< 1 g
- Area hotel damaged after bizarre car crash
- Donor recipients, family meet for first time in Onalaska
- Sunday liquor sales ban on Minnesota House's chopping block
- Area organization helping so all girls can go to prom
- Taste of Trempealeau event raises money for public library
- Viroqua chef nominated for highest honor in restaurant industry
- State to contribute $5 million to La Crosse Center renovations
- La Crosse Fire Department investigating two early morning fires
- Police searching for man who robbed Holy Smokes at gun point
- Warmer than average temperatures benefit area businesses, ski tournaments