Makes 4 servings
Getting started Equipment needed: cutting board/chef knife, large skillet, baking pan Preheat oven to: broil Do right away when you get home: action step 1
1 medium green bell pepper
1 medium red or yellow bell pepper
1 small yellow onion
1 small zucchini
2 tsp. olive oil Salt* and pepper
1 ½ Tbsp. butter/margarine
4 slices provolone cheese
1. Wash all veggies. Thinly slice into strips.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté vegetables in oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Whole wheat buns
3. Cut buns in half and lightly butter each half. Place butter-side up on baking sheet and broil until lightly grilled. Remove from oven. Top with vegetables and cheese, return under broiler and heat until cheese is bubbling and turning brown.
Suggested Side Items: fresh fruit and your favorite soup
Tips: You can use many different types of vegetables for this recipe. Try using tomato, thinly sliced carrot, broccoli or any of your favorites! Switch up the bread. Use leftover hamburger or hotdog buns, hearty bread or even a tortilla – all work well in this recipe.
Shopping list: 1 green and 1 yellow bell pepper 1 small yellow onion 1 small zucchini Provolone cheese
Check for: Oil Salt and pepper Butter Leftover buns, bread, tortillas
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration