Grilled Veggie and Hummus Wraps
4 (1/2-inch thick) slices red onion
1 red bell pepper, seeded and quartered
1 egg plant, cut into ½-inch thick slices
2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
¼ cup chopped parsley
1/8 tsp. salt
1 (8 oz.) container plain hummus
4 whole grain flatbreads
½ cup crumbled feta cheese
Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Brush onion, bell pepper, and eggplant with 1 Tbsp. olive oil.
Add onion and pepper to pan. Cook 3 minutes on each side; remove from pan. Add eggplant to pan. Cook for 3 minutes; remove from pan. Coarsely chop cooked vegetables. Combine vegetables, parsley, salt, and 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a bowl; toss to combine.
Spread 1/4 cup hummus over each flatbread, leaving a 1/2-inch border around edges. Divide vegetables over each flatbread. Top each serving with 2 Tbsp. cheese. Roll up wraps, and cut diagonally in half.
Nutrition analysis per serving: 355 calories, 23g fat, 17g protein, 35g carbohydrate, 15g fiber, 790mg sodium
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers