Grilled Avocado and Cheese Sandwiches
Makes 2 sandwiches
Getting started Equipment you will need: Panini press or George Foreman grill, or you can use a griddle or skillet
4 slices sourdough bread
2 Tbsp. hummus
2 slices Muenster cheese
1 tomato, sliced
1/3 avocado, sliced
2 red onion slices
4 tsp. Dijon mustard
1. Heat a Panini press or George Foreman grill. Spread 2 slices of sourdough bread evenly with hummus.
2. Divide cheese, tomato, avocado and onion evenly among each bread slice.
3 Spread remaining 2 bread slices with Dijon mustard to top each sandwich.
4. Place sandwiches on Panini press or George Foreman grill to brown bread on both sides and melt cheese.
Suggested Side Items: fresh peaches
Tips: Alternatively, you can use a griddle or skillet to grill sandwiches but make sure to butter outsides of bread first. Grill one side of sandwich until bread has browned, then flip and grill other side until browned. Shopping list: Sourdough bread Hummus Muenster cheese slices Tomato Avocado Red onion
Check for: Dijon mustard
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients