Grilled Avocado and Cheese Sandwiches
Makes 2 sandwiches
Getting started Equipment you will need: Panini press or George Foreman grill, or you can use a griddle or skillet
4 slices sourdough bread
2 Tbsp. hummus
2 slices Muenster cheese
1 tomato, sliced
1/3 avocado, sliced
2 red onion slices
4 tsp. Dijon mustard
1. Heat a Panini press or George Foreman grill. Spread 2 slices of sourdough bread evenly with hummus.
2. Divide cheese, tomato, avocado and onion evenly among each bread slice.
3 Spread remaining 2 bread slices with Dijon mustard to top each sandwich.
4. Place sandwiches on Panini press or George Foreman grill to brown bread on both sides and melt cheese.
Suggested Side Items: fresh peaches
Tips: Alternatively, you can use a griddle or skillet to grill sandwiches but make sure to butter outsides of bread first. Grill one side of sandwich until bread has browned, then flip and grill other side until browned. Shopping list: Sourdough bread Hummus Muenster cheese slices Tomato Avocado Red onion
Check for: Dijon mustard
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure