Seared Green Peppercorn Salmon
Makes 4 servings
Getting started Equipment you will need: large skillet, chef knife, cutting board Do right away when you get home: skin salmon, and cut into 4 equal parts
1 ¼ lb. salmon fillets
1 Tbsp. olive oil
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 Tbsp. butter
1 tsp. pre-minced garlic
1 tsp. green peppercorns (see tips)
1. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Lightly salt salmon filets, and add to pan. Cook until opaque (approx. 4-7 minutes), turning halfway through. Remove salmon from pan, and set aside
2. Turn off heat on stovetop. Add lemon juice, butter, garlic and peppercorns and swirl in pan until butter is melted.
Suggested Side Items: Classic Mashed Potatoes and vegetable of your choice
Tips: Green peppercorns usually come packed in a jar of vinegar. Before using them in this recipe, rinse them in water if desired.
Shopping list: 1 ¼ lb. fresh salmon 1 jar of green peppercorns
Check for: Olive oil Salt Minced garlic Lemon juice Butter
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.