Greek Pasta with Tomatoes and White Beans
Makes 4-6 servings
Equipment you will need: Large pot, large skillet, can opener, wooden spoon
Do right away when you get home: Action step 1
8 oz. whole wheat penne pasta
1. Fill a large pot with water and put on stove on high to boil. Cook pasta according to package directions.
3 garlic cloves, minced
½ medium onion, chopped
1 tsp. olive oil
2. In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil. Sauté garlic and onion until onion is translucent.
2 (14.5 oz.) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes
1 (19 oz.) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
3. Add tomatoes and beans and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
10 oz. fresh spinach, washed and chopped
4. Add spinach to tomato mixture. Cook for 2 minutes or until spinach wilts, stirring constantly.
½ cup crumbled feta cheese
5. Serve sauce over pasta, sprinkle with feta.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers