Crustless Garden Quiche
Makes 10 servings
1 ½ cup egg substitute
¾ cup low-fat cheddar cheese
¾ cup low-fat Monterey jack cheese
1 (16 oz.) carton of low-fat cottage cheese
½ cup skim milk
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
2 medium zucchini
1 medium onion
1 red bell pepper
½ cup fresh parsley
2 medium tomatoes
½ cup low-fat cheddar cheese
½ cup low-fat Monterey jack cheese
1. Crack eggs into large mixing bowl. Add egg substitute and beat together. Add cheese, milk, flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
2. Chop all vegetables into desired sizes.
3.Coat skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium. Add zucchini, onion and pepper to skillet and sauté for about 5 minutes. Add sautéed vegetables to egg mixture along with chopped fresh parsley.
4. Slice tomatoes, set aside.
5. Pour mixture into casserole dish coated with cooking spray. Top with cheese. Arrange tomato slices over cheese. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350° (do not remove dish from oven), and bake 35 minutes more, until lightly browned and set.
Nutrition Analysis per serving: 230 calories, 11g fat, 20g protein, 13g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 500mg sodium
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death