Filet Mignon with Mushroom Wine Sauce
Makes 2 servings
Getting started Equipment you will need: medium bowl, skillet, knife/cutting board Do right away when you get home: action step 1
1 cup mushrooms
½ cup low-sodium beef broth
¼ cup water
2 tsp. flour
¾ tsp. Dijon mustard
½ tsp. garlic
¼ tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
2 (4oz) beef tenderloin steaks
1. Slice mushrooms and mince garlic, set aside. In medium bowl combine beef broth, water, flour, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper.
2. Coat pan with cooking spray and add steaks. Cook steaks for 5 minutes on each side or until desired doneness. Remove steaks from pan. Add mushrooms to pan, and cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove mushrooms from pan. ½ cup sweet Marsala
3. Move pan from heat; add Marsala. Reduce heat to medium and return pan to heat.
4. Add broth mixture to pan; bring to boil. Cook for one minute while stirring frequently. Stir in Mushrooms. Place sauce over steaks.
Suggested Side Items: Easy Whipped Sweet Potatoes and whole grain dinner roll
Shopping list: 2 (4 oz.) beef tenderloin steaks Sweet Marsala Dijon mustard 1 small package mushrooms 4oz. low-sodium beef broth
Check for: Salt and Pepper Cooking spray Flour Garlic
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death