Grilled Feta Pesto Pizzas
Makes 4 personal pizzas
Getting started Equipment you will need: outdoor grill (see tips)*, cutting board, chef knife Preheat oven to: *See crust package instructions– if you decide to bake instead of grill Preheat grill to: medium-high heat
4 plum tomatoes
½ cup pesto sauce
4 whole wheat thin crust personal pizza crusts
½ cup crumbled feta cheese
½ cup chopped artichoke hearts
¼ cup sliced kalamata olives
1. Thinly slice tomatoes, set aside.
2. Spread 2 Tbsp. of pesto on each pizza crust. Top with tomato slices. Distribute feta, artichoke hearts and olives among the 4 pizza crusts.
3. If using grill: Lightly oil grill with any cooking oil, and place crusts on for 5 minutes, checking regularly until done 4.
If using oven: bake crusts according to time on package, checking regularly to watch for burning
Suggested Side Items: side salad, glass of milk
Tips: If you do not have a grill, you can always bake these pizzas in the oven. The higher fat content in the pizzas is from the olive oil used in the pesto sauce. This is a heart healthy source of fat. Shopping list: 4 whole wheat thin crusts 1 (4-8 oz.) jar pesto sauce 1 small can kalamata olives 1 pkg. crumbled feta 1 small jar artichoke hearts
Check for: 4 Plum tomatoes
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.