Donut Hole Chick Cake Pops
- 18 – 2 inch donut holes
- 1 – 12 ounce bag of candy coating
- 18 sucker sticks - optional
- Black pearls for eyes
- Orange accent for nose
- Colored flowers for feet
- Hearts for bows
- Floral foam - optional
- Melt the candy coating according to package directions.
- Place your sucker stick into the melted candy coating and then into the donut hole about ¾ of the way up. Let the candy coating set about 5 minutes.
- Dip the donut hole into the candy coating or use a spoon to gently cover the donut with chocolate. Let excess drip off – this may take a few minutes. *** Tap sucker stick gently onto the side of the container to help excess drip off faster.
- When excess candy coating is off, place sucker stick into floral foam.
- Quickly add eyes, nose, feet and bows. *** If your candy coating has hardened already, take a toothpick and dip into melted candy coating. Place a dap where you need your features to go and place them on the "glue".
- Let cake pop set for 10 – 15 minutes before handling.
- To store, place in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration