Shrimp and Sausage Stew
Makes 4 (1-cup) servings
Getting started Equipment you will need: knife/cutting board, colander, large saucepan or pot Do right away when you get home:
1 cup green bell pepper
2 Tbsp. fresh parsley
1 cup turkey smoked sausage (about 6 oz.)
8 oz. medium shrimp
1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans
2 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. minced garlic
3/4 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes and green chiles (such as Rotel), undrained
1. Chop pepper and parsley. Chop sausage into thin slices. Peel and devein shrimp. Rinse and drain beans using a colander.
2. Heat saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan. Add pepper, sausage, and garlic to pan; cook for 3 minutes until pepper is tender. Stir occasionally.
3. Add broth and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Stir in shrimp and beans. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 6 minutes until shrimp are cooked. Sprinkle soup with parsley; serve.
Suggested Side Items: Specialty bread of your choice and a glass of milk
Tips: Serve with hot sauce for an extra kick! This stew also tastes great served over rice.
Shopping list: Green bell pepper Turkey smoked sausage (6 oz.) Reduced sodium chicken broth Fresh parsley 1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans 1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chiles (such as Rotel)
Check for: Olive oil
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather