Makes 12 (1/2 cup) servings
Getting started Equipment you will need: cutting board/knife, large saucepan, spoon, large bowl Do right away when you get home: Remove cranberries from freezer if using frozen.
2 medium apples (any variety)
1/2 cup dried apricots
1 large navel orange
1 bag (12 oz.) fresh or frozen (thawed) cranberries
1/2 cup honey
3 Tbsp. cider vinegar
1. Chop and peel apples. Chop apricots into small pieces. Peel and finely chop orange. Put all into large saucepan.
2. Add cranberries, honey and cider vinegar to saucepan with other ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until the berries pop, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Transfer to a bowl; cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve.
Serve with: Roasted turkey breast and vegetable of choice
Tips: Add spices such as cinnamon, clove or nutmeg to add some zing. The type of apple that you choose will either make this recipe sweeter or more tart depending on the flavor of the apple.
Shopping list: 2 medium apples 1 large navel orange Fresh or frozen cranberries (12 oz.) Dried apricots
Check for: Honey Cider vinegar
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says