Makes 12 (1/2 cup) servings
Getting started Equipment you will need: cutting board/knife, large saucepan, spoon, large bowl Do right away when you get home: Remove cranberries from freezer if using frozen.
2 medium apples (any variety)
1/2 cup dried apricots
1 large navel orange
1 bag (12 oz.) fresh or frozen (thawed) cranberries
1/2 cup honey
3 Tbsp. cider vinegar
1. Chop and peel apples. Chop apricots into small pieces. Peel and finely chop orange. Put all into large saucepan.
2. Add cranberries, honey and cider vinegar to saucepan with other ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until the berries pop, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Transfer to a bowl; cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve.
Serve with: Roasted turkey breast and vegetable of choice
Tips: Add spices such as cinnamon, clove or nutmeg to add some zing. The type of apple that you choose will either make this recipe sweeter or more tart depending on the flavor of the apple.
Shopping list: 2 medium apples 1 large navel orange Fresh or frozen cranberries (12 oz.) Dried apricots
Check for: Honey Cider vinegar
- Holmen man sentenced for 2015 murder
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse
- Herberger's moving into former Macy's location in La Crosse