Corned Beef, Broccoli & Swiss Cheese Pockets
Cut: Corned Beef Brisket
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 pound fully cooked corned beef, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups frozen cut broccoli, defrosted
- 1 cup (4ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons prepared Thousand Island dressing
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. In medium nonstick skillet, heat butter until hot. Add onion. Cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat. Add corned beef, broccoli, cheese and pepper; mix well.
- On ungreased baking sheet, unroll pizza dough; cut into quarters. Press each quarter into 6 x 5-inch rectanges. Spread each with 1/2 tablespoon of dressing to within 1 inch of edges. Divide corned beef mixture evenly onto centers of each piece of dough. Bring together 2 opposite corners of dough; pinch to seal. Loosely close straight edges of dough to form a diamond shape. (Edges do not need to be completely sealed.)
- Bake in 425 degree F oven 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 pocket).
Nutrition information for 1 pocket: 482 calories; 26 g protein; 37 g carbohydrate; 26 g fat; 3.3 mg iron; 1493 mg sodium; 91 mg cholesterol.
Corned Beef Reuben Dip
Cut: Corned Beef Brisket
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 9 to 12 minutes
- 6 ounces cooked corned beef brisket or deli corned beef finely chopped (about 1-1/3 cups)
- 3/4 cup drained sauerkraut with caraway seeds
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup prepared Thousand Island dressing
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Chopped green onions or fresh parsley (optional)
- Pita chips, whole-grain crackers, rye crackers or rye cocktail bread
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Combine corned beef brisket, sauerkraut, mayonnaise, 1/3 cup cheese, dressing, horseradish and red pepper in small bowl. Spread evenly into 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until heated through and bubbly. Garnish with green onions or parsley, if desired. Serve with pita chips, crackers or cocktail bread. Makes 20 appetizer servings (about 2 tablespoons each).
- Viroqua chef nominated for highest honor in restaurant industry
- State to contribute $5 million to La Crosse Center renovations
- La Crosse Fire Department investigating two early morning fires
- Police searching for man who robbed Holy Smokes at gun point
- Warmer than average temperatures benefit area businesses, ski tournaments
- Kayaker found in river near Winona identified
- Democrat Kind not ruling out run for governor against Walker
- Wisconsin lawmakers ditch plans to end daylight saving time
- JJ Watt donates $10K to fund for family in Hwy. 30 wreck
- Area organization helping so all girls can go to prom