Citrus-Marinated Beef & Fruit Kabobs
Cut: Top Sirloin Steak
Total Recipe Time: 40 to 45 minutes
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 medium orange
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- 4 cups cubed mango, watermelon, peaches and/or plums
- Grate peel and squeeze 2 tablespoons juice from orange; reserve juice. Cut beef steak into 1-1/4-inch pieces. Combine orange peel, cilantro, paprika, and ground red pepper, if desired, in small bowl. Place beef and 2-1/2 tablespoons cilantro mixture in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Place remaining cilantro mixture and fruit in separate food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bags securely. Marinate beef and fruit in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours.
- Soak eight 9-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain. Thread beef onto four skewers. Thread fruit onto remaining four separate skewers.
- Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill beef kabobs, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 9 to 11 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Grill fruit kabobs 5 to 7 minutes or until softened and beginning to brown, turning once.
- Serve beef with salt, as desired. Drizzle reserved orange juice over fruit kabobs.
Nutrition information per serving: 239 calories; 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat; 2 g monounsaturated fat); 70 mg cholesterol; 57 mg sodium; 20 g carbohydrate; 2.4 g fiber; 27 g protein; 11.3 mg niacin; 0.7 mg vitamin B6; 1.5 mcg vitamin B12; 2.1 mg iron; 31.0 mcg selenium; 5.0 mg zinc; 107.1 mg choline.This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium, zinc and choline; and a good source of iron.
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration