Cinnamon-Apple Pork Chops
Makes 4 servings
Getting started Equipment you will need: Large skillet, meat thermometer, cutting board, knife, small bowl, plate Do right away when you get home: Action step 1
1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
4 (4 oz.) boneless pork loin chops
4 medium apples
2 Tbsp. pecans
1 Tbsp. butter
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook pork chops for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until meat thermometer reaches 160?.
2. Thinly slice apples. Chop pecans. 3 Tbsp. brown sugar 1 tsp. ground cinnamon 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg 1/4 tsp. salt 3. Combine ingredients in small bowl.
4. Remove pork chops from pan and set on plate. Wrap in foil to keep warm. Add apples, pecans, brown sugar mixture to skillet.
Cook for 7 to 10 minutes until apples are tender. Serve over pork chops.
Suggested Side Items: Baked potato and mixed greens
Tips: Cortland or McIntosh apples work well in this recipe.
Shopping list: 4 medium apples 4 (4 oz.) boneless pork loin chops
Check for: Olive oil Pecans Brown sugar Butter Cinnamon Nutmeg Salt
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?