Cinnamon-Apple Pork Chops
Makes 4 servings
Getting started Equipment you will need: Large skillet, meat thermometer, cutting board, knife, small bowl, plate Do right away when you get home: Action step 1
1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
4 (4 oz.) boneless pork loin chops
4 medium apples
2 Tbsp. pecans
1 Tbsp. butter
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook pork chops for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until meat thermometer reaches 160?.
2. Thinly slice apples. Chop pecans. 3 Tbsp. brown sugar 1 tsp. ground cinnamon 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg 1/4 tsp. salt 3. Combine ingredients in small bowl.
4. Remove pork chops from pan and set on plate. Wrap in foil to keep warm. Add apples, pecans, brown sugar mixture to skillet.
Cook for 7 to 10 minutes until apples are tender. Serve over pork chops.
Suggested Side Items: Baked potato and mixed greens
Tips: Cortland or McIntosh apples work well in this recipe.
Shopping list: 4 medium apples 4 (4 oz.) boneless pork loin chops
Check for: Olive oil Pecans Brown sugar Butter Cinnamon Nutmeg Salt
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East