Cider-Glazed Chicken with Butter-Pecan Rice
Makes 4 servings
Getting started Equipment you will need: large skillet, cutting board/knife, spatula, spoon, plate Do right away when you get home: Action steps 1 & 2
1 (3.5 oz.) bag boil-in-bag brown rice
1 tsp. butter
4 (4 oz.) chicken breast cutlets
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 cup apple cider
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
5 tsp. butter
1/4 cup pecans
2 Tbsp. chopped parsley, optional
1. Cook rice according to package directions in a small saucepan, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side is done. Remove from pan. Add cider and mustard to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook 2 to 3 minutes until syrupy. Return chicken to pan; turn over to coat with cider mixture. Remove from heat; set aside on a plate.
3. Melt butter in saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook for 2 minutes until browned and fragrant. Lower heat to medium. Chop pecans. Add to pan and cook for 1 minute or until toasted, stirring frequently. Add rice and salt to pan; toss well to coat. Serve chicken over rice. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Suggested Side Items: vegetable medley and a glass of milk
Tips: Minute brown rice may be used instead of bagged rice. For best results, refrigerate apple cider before adding to your skillet. Shopping list: 1 (3.5 oz.) bag boil-in-bag brown rice Pecans 4 (4 oz.) chicken breast cutlets Fresh parsley, optional Apple cider
Check for: Butter Black pepper
Salt Dijon mustard
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota