Makes 12 muffins
Getting started Equipment you will need: large bowl, electric mixer, wooden spoon, spatula, muffin tins Preheat oven to 400o Do right away when you get home: action step 1
1 cup canned pumpkin
½ cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs 1 tsp. vanilla extract
¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and beat until smooth with electric mixer.
2. Add dry ingredients to bowl and stir gently to combine.
3. Fold in chocolate chips. Spray muffin tin with pan spray. Spoon 1/3 cup batter into each cup. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
Side items: glass of milk and scrambled egg
Tips: This recipe uses applesauce instead of butter or oil to reduce the total fat and uses whole wheat flour to increase the fiber. Paired with a glass of milk and scrambled egg, this makes a fantastic satisfying breakfast. Cool muffins completely before storing. Store in an airtight container for 3-4 days. If storing longer, refrigerate to prevent molding. These muffins also freeze well for a later use.
Shopping list: 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin Unsweetened applesauce Cocoa powder Whole wheat flour Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Check for: Brown sugar 2 eggs Vanilla extract Baking soda Baking powder
Other items needed:
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death