Makes 12 muffins
Getting started Equipment you will need: large bowl, electric mixer, wooden spoon, spatula, muffin tins Preheat oven to 400o Do right away when you get home: action step 1
1 cup canned pumpkin
½ cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs 1 tsp. vanilla extract
¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and beat until smooth with electric mixer.
2. Add dry ingredients to bowl and stir gently to combine.
3. Fold in chocolate chips. Spray muffin tin with pan spray. Spoon 1/3 cup batter into each cup. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
Side items: glass of milk and scrambled egg
Tips: This recipe uses applesauce instead of butter or oil to reduce the total fat and uses whole wheat flour to increase the fiber. Paired with a glass of milk and scrambled egg, this makes a fantastic satisfying breakfast. Cool muffins completely before storing. Store in an airtight container for 3-4 days. If storing longer, refrigerate to prevent molding. These muffins also freeze well for a later use.
Shopping list: 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin Unsweetened applesauce Cocoa powder Whole wheat flour Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Check for: Brown sugar 2 eggs Vanilla extract Baking soda Baking powder
Other items needed:
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership