Makes 4 servings
Getting started Equipment you will need: mixing bowl, cutting board, chef knife, spoon, fork Do right away when you get home: gather equipment and set needed items out on the counter
Action Fresh cilantro 1 garlic clove 1. Mince fresh cilantro, set aside. Finely mince garlic clove, set aside.
1 (15 oz.) can garbanzo beans
2. Rinse and drain beans, place in medium bowl 1 ripe avocado 3. Using chef knife, cut avocado in half around pit. Twist to release halves; pit will be in one half. Carefully take chef knife and whack into pit twist to remove. Throw pit away. Using a paring knife, gently cut slices into avocado (in skin). Then cut across slices to make chunks. Scoop out with spoon. Add to bowl with beans. ½ lime Salt and pepper 4. Mash beans and avocado with fork. Add minced cilantro and garlic, the juice from half a lime, salt and pepper to taste. 8 hard corn taco shells Sour cream and salsa Lettuce and tomato 5. To serve, place a spoonful of the bean-avocado mixture into each corn shell. Top with sour cream, salsa, lettuce and tomato as desired.
Side items: Fresh fruit
Tips: Fresh cilantro can be found near the bagged lettuce in the produce section. Soft corn tortillas or corn chips can be used instead of hard corn shells. To find the perfect ripe avocado, avoid those that are too hard or too soft. Choose avocados that depress slightly when touched but still have a firm feel. Color has very little to do with ripeness and may vary from bright green to black.
Shopping list: Fresh cilantro 1 (15 oz.) can garbanzo beans (chick peas) 1 lime 1 ripe avocado Hard corn taco shells Sour cream Fresh fruit
Check for: Lettuce Tomato Salsa Garlic
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death