Chicken Strips with Honey Mustard Sauce
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, each 4 ounces and cut into 3 strips
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose (plain) flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- For the dipping sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
In a large bowl, add the chicken strips. Pour milk over the chicken and mix to coat well. Place in a single layer on wax paper.
In a small bowl, mix together the flour, salt and pepper. Sprinkle over the chicken strips, turning the chicken to coat evenly. Shake to remove excess.
In a large, nonstick frying pan, heat the canola oil over medium-high heat. Place the chicken strips in an even layer in the pan. Saute 2 minutes a side, or until golden brown. Remove and place on paper towels to drain.
To make the dipping sauce, combine the honey and Dijon mustard in a small bowl. Stir to mix evenly.
Nutritional analysis per serving
Serving size :3 strips and 3 tablespoons sauce
- Total carbohydrate
- Dietary fiber
- Saturated fat
- Total fat
- Trans fat
- Monounsaturated fat
- Viroqua chef nominated for highest honor in restaurant industry
- State to contribute $5 million to La Crosse Center renovations
- La Crosse Fire Department investigating two early morning fires
- Police searching for man who robbed Holy Smokes at gun point
- Warmer than average temperatures benefit area businesses, ski tournaments
- Kayaker found in river near Winona identified
- Democrat Kind not ruling out run for governor against Walker
- Wisconsin lawmakers ditch plans to end daylight saving time
- JJ Watt donates $10K to fund for family in Hwy. 30 wreck
- Area hotel damaged after bizarre car crash