Makes 4 servings
Getting started Equipment you will need: medium bowl, small bowl, cutting board, sharp knife, 8 skewers Preheat grill to medium-high heat Do right away when you get home: action step 1
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. curry powder
2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
¾ tsp. salt
½ tsp. ground cumin
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken
½ cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp. tahini
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
¼ tsp. salt
1 garlic clove, minced
4 (6-inch) pitas
1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
8 (1/4-inch-thick) tomato slices
1. Prepare chicken. In medium bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken. Cut chicken into 16 strips. Add chicken to bowl; toss well to coat. Let stand at room temperature 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, prepare sauce: In a small bowl, combine ingredients, stirring with a whisk.
3. Thread 2 chicken strips onto each of 8 (12-inch) skewers. Place kebabs on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until done.
4. Place pitas on grill rack; grill 1 minute on each side or until lightly toasted. Place each pita on a plate; top with ¼ cup lettuce, 2 tomato slices, 4 chicken pieces and drizzle with 2 Tbsp. sauce.
Side items: grapes or other fresh fruit and Vinaigrette Green Beans
Tips: Tahini is a toasted sesame paste typically used in Mediterranean cooking. If you have tahini on hand, great! If not, use natural peanut butter or toasted sesame oil instead. Omitting it completely will leave a void in flavor. Try the natural peanut butter at the Co-op. You can grind your own and purchase only the amount you need! You do not need to skewer the chicken pieces. They can be grilled or broiled without that step. If you have leftover tahini paste, use it in homemade hummus! It's easier than you think: Quick and Easy Homemade Hummus
Shopping list: 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken 1 small container 2% Greek yogurt Tahini paste (see tips) 1 lemon (for juice) 6 inch pitas Lettuce and tomato
Check for: Spices: Curry powder, ground cumin, salt Garlic – 4 cloves Extra virgin olive oil
Other items needed:
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls