Chicken Bacon Ranch Twisters
Makes 6 servings
Getting started Equipment you will need: Cutting board, sharp knife, large nonstick pan or electric skillet, medium nonstick fry pan. Optional Equipment: medium sized grater or food processor with medium shredding blade Do right away when you get home: Action Step 1
2 medium green bell peppers
1 large onion
2-3 large carrots
2-3 medium zucchini
1 clove of garlic
1 Tbsp. olive oil
3 slices of turkey bacon
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
6 (8 inch) whole wheat flour tortillas
3 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
6 Tbsp. light Ranch dressing
1. Wash vegetables and process in food processor using a medium sized shredding blade or manually shred vegetables using a hand held grater. Mince garlic.
2. Sauté vegetables and garlic in olive oil in a large pan over medium heat or in an electric skillet, 10-15 minutes.
3. In a medium sized non-stick fry pan, cook bacon until crisp. Remove from pan, cool and crumble.
4. Slice chicken into strips, about ½ -inch thick. Cook in bacon drippings until juices run clear. 1 tomato 6 lettuce leaves
5. While chicken and vegetables are cooking, wash tomato and lettuce. Roughly dice tomato.
6. Fill each tortilla with a hearty portion of vegetables, ½ slice of crumbled bacon, chicken, tomato, lettuce, ½ oz. shredded cheddar and 1 Tbsp. of Ranch dressing.
Suggested Side Items: fresh fruit and a glass of milk
Tips: Consider increasing the amount of vegetables sautéed in preparation for Veggie Stuffed Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. These veggies are also great as leftovers folded up in an omelet or mixed into scrambled eggs. To save time, vegetables can be prepared in advanced and served with rotisserie chicken meat. Shopping list: Bell peppers Carrots Zucchini Turkey bacon Tomato Lettuce Chicken breast Whole wheat tortillas
Check for: Garlic Onions
Canola oil or olive oil Cheddar cheese Ranch dressing
Other items needed:
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration