Curried Chicken Pitas
Makes 4 servings
Getting started Equipment you will need: knife/cutting board, small skillet, large bowl, spatula Do right away when you get home:
1 firm ripe pear
1 stalk celery
2 cups cooked chicken
1/4 cup sliced or slivered almonds
6 Tbsp. nonfat plain yogurt
1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. curry powder
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1. Dice pear and celery. Chop chicken into cubes. Toast almonds in a small skillet (see tips).
2. Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, and curry in a large bowl. Add chicken, pear, celery, cranberries, and almonds. Toss to combine. 4 (4-to 5-inch) whole wheat pita breads 2 cups sprouts
3. Cut pitas in half. Fill each pita half with ½ cup chicken salad and ¼ cup sprouts.
Suggested Side Items: Easy Zucchini Parmesan (October 2nd recipe)
Tips: To toast almonds, place in a dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, for about 2 to 4 minutes until almonds are fragrant and lightly browned. Rotisserie chicken works well in this recipe. Shopping list: Pear Sliced or slivered almonds Dried cranberries Sprouts Rotisserie or precooked chicken 1 stalk celery Nonfat plain yogurt Whole wheat pita breads (4- to 5-inch rounds)
Check for: Low-fat mayonnaise
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.