Makes 6 servings
Getting started Equipment you will need: cutting board/knife,large skillet Do right away when you get home: Action Step 1
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
1 large green bell pepper
1 large red bell pepper
1 medium white or yellow onion
1 1/2 Tbsp. canola oil
1 Tbsp. Fajita seasoning
6 whole wheat tortillas (8-10")
Light sour cream, optional
1. Slice chicken breast into strips, set aside.
2. Slice bell peppers and onions into strips, set aside.
3. Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken breast strips and fajita seasoning. Cook until chicken is no longer pink in the middle, about 5 minutes.
4. Add peppers and onions to pan and sauté until tender crisp, about 3-5 minutes. Serve on warm whole wheat tortillas. Top with light sour cream, if desired.
Suggested Side Items: fresh cut melon
Tips: Substitute beef, pork or shrimp for the chicken or combine several meats for different flavors. Sodium information below may vary depending upon your Fajita seasoning blend. Please check the nutrition facts label of your particular blend for more detailed information.
Shopping list: 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast 1 green bell pepper 1 red bell pepper 1 medium onion (white or yellow) Fajita seasoning Flour tortillas (6)
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- No injuries at early morning house fire in Onalaska