Makes 6 servings
Getting started Equipment you will need: cutting board/knife,large skillet Do right away when you get home: Action Step 1
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
1 large green bell pepper
1 large red bell pepper
1 medium white or yellow onion
1 1/2 Tbsp. canola oil
1 Tbsp. Fajita seasoning
6 whole wheat tortillas (8-10")
Light sour cream, optional
1. Slice chicken breast into strips, set aside.
2. Slice bell peppers and onions into strips, set aside.
3. Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken breast strips and fajita seasoning. Cook until chicken is no longer pink in the middle, about 5 minutes.
4. Add peppers and onions to pan and sauté until tender crisp, about 3-5 minutes. Serve on warm whole wheat tortillas. Top with light sour cream, if desired.
Suggested Side Items: fresh cut melon
Tips: Substitute beef, pork or shrimp for the chicken or combine several meats for different flavors. Sodium information below may vary depending upon your Fajita seasoning blend. Please check the nutrition facts label of your particular blend for more detailed information.
Shopping list: 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast 1 green bell pepper 1 red bell pepper 1 medium onion (white or yellow) Fajita seasoning Flour tortillas (6)
- 30 missing after avalanche buries Italian hotel
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Competency hearing sought for Iowan accused of voting twice
- Fiberglass fire causes neighborhood evacuation
- Republican lawmakers differ on state superintendent race