Cherry Berry on a Cloud
6 egg whites
½ tsp. cream of tartar
¼ tsp. salt
1¾ cups sugar
2 (3 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups whipping cream
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling
1 tsp. lemon juice
2 cups sliced strawberries*
Meringue: Preheat oven to 275 degrees. In a bowl, beat egg whites, cream of tartar, salt with an electric mixer until frothy. Slowly add 1¾ cups sugar while continuing to beat until stiff and glossy. Spread into a greased 9x13-inch baking pan; bake 1 hour. Turn oven off; leave pan in the oven with doors closed, undisturbed for at least 12 hours.
Filling: In large bowl mix cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and vanilla until smooth. In chilled medium bowl beat whipping cream until stiff. Fold whipped cream and marshmallows into cream cheese mixture. Spread evenly over meringue. Refrigerate at least 12 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
Topping: In medium bowl mix all topping ingredients until well blended. Chill until ready to serve, then spoon over individual servings of dessert.
*Frozen sliced strawberries that have been thawed can be substituted for fresh strawberries
Per serving: 300 calories, 9 g fat, 3 g protein, 53 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 105 mg sodium
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.