Caramel Chex Mix
- 6 cups Wheat Chex cereal
- 9 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Optional candy corn and pumpkins for Thanksgiving
- Heat oven to 250 degrees.
- Measure the cereal into a large container.
- In a 3 or 4 quart saucepan stir together brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. (WARNING: Resist the urge to use a smaller pan - the baking soda makes it bubble up!)
- Cook and stir 8-9 minutes over medium heat until mixture heats to boiling. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda.
- Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
- Pour onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a nonstick mat.
- Bake 40-50 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes, until coating is set. Cool 5 minutes; stir in candies (optional). Spread on parchment paper or nonstick mat to cool, about 10 minutes. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay