By Mayo Clinic Staff
Romaine lettuce is flavorful and has more vitamin A, vitamin C, folate and calcium than does iceberg lettuce.
Number of servings
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, each 3 ounces
3 tablespoons fat-free Italian dressing
For the dressing:
1 1/2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons water
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
4 cups romaine lettuce
1/2 ounce (about 3 tablespoons) Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, freshly grated
1/2 cup whole-wheat croutons
In a sealable plastic bag, add the chicken and Italian dressing. Put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, turning the chicken over after 15 minutes.
Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill or broiler. Away from the heat source, lightly coat the grill rack or broiler pan with cooking spray. Position the cooking rack 4 to 6 inches from the heat source.
Grill or broil the chicken breasts until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side (internal temperature should be 165 F for 15 seconds). Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes before slicing into strips.
To make the Caesar dressing, add mayonnaise, olive oil, red wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, garlic and water. Whip together until smooth. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, croutons and the Caesar dressing. Toss thoroughly until the lettuce is coated with the dressing. Transfer the salad to individual plates. Top each salad with the grilled chicken and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutritional analysis per serving
· Total carbohydrate 13 g
· Dietary fiber 4 g
· Sodium 565 mg
· Saturated fat 2 g
· Total fat 5 g
· Cholesterol 57 mg
· Protein 25 g
· Monounsaturated fat 1.5 g
· Calories 201
- Family to announce settlement in police shooting case
- Preschool teacher, 4-year-old recovering after ‘perfect kidney' transplant
- Winning numbers drawn in 'Powerball' game
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Minnesota House set for floor vote on Real ID
- Iowa mayor wraps up address with bluesy salute to his city
- Dayton blasts Trump's transgender bathroom reversal
- Ohio, Wisconsin kick start interstate talks on Trump effect
- Discrimination lawsuit against Rochester schools dismissed
- Fresh snow possible for American Birkebeiner