By Mayo Clinic Staff
Romaine lettuce is flavorful and has more vitamin A, vitamin C, folate and calcium than does iceberg lettuce.
Number of servings
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, each 3 ounces
3 tablespoons fat-free Italian dressing
For the dressing:
1 1/2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons water
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
4 cups romaine lettuce
1/2 ounce (about 3 tablespoons) Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, freshly grated
1/2 cup whole-wheat croutons
In a sealable plastic bag, add the chicken and Italian dressing. Put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, turning the chicken over after 15 minutes.
Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill or broiler. Away from the heat source, lightly coat the grill rack or broiler pan with cooking spray. Position the cooking rack 4 to 6 inches from the heat source.
Grill or broil the chicken breasts until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side (internal temperature should be 165 F for 15 seconds). Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes before slicing into strips.
To make the Caesar dressing, add mayonnaise, olive oil, red wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, garlic and water. Whip together until smooth. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, croutons and the Caesar dressing. Toss thoroughly until the lettuce is coated with the dressing. Transfer the salad to individual plates. Top each salad with the grilled chicken and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutritional analysis per serving
· Total carbohydrate 13 g
· Dietary fiber 4 g
· Sodium 565 mg
· Saturated fat 2 g
· Total fat 5 g
· Cholesterol 57 mg
· Protein 25 g
· Monounsaturated fat 1.5 g
· Calories 201
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests