Easy Layered Cabbage Casserole:
Prep: 15 min
Total: 1 hr 15 min
Servings: 8 servings, 1-1/2 cups each
What you need:
8 cups shredded cabbage (about 1 large head)
2 onions, chopped
¼ cup KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing
1 lb. extra-lean ground beef
2 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
2 cans (10-3/4 oz. each) reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup
2 soup cans water
Make Easy Layered Cabbage Casserole:
HEAT oven to 350°F.
COOK and stir cabbage and onions in dressing in large skillet on medium heat 5 to 10 min. or until tender. Remove from skillet.
BROWN meat in same skillet. Stir in rice, soup and water until blended. Layer 1/3 of the cabbage mixture and half the meat mixture in 13x9-inch baking dish. Repeat layers; top with remaining cabbage mixture. Cover.
BAKE 1 hour.
Kraft Kitchen Tips:
How to Easily Shred Cabbage
Quarter a head of cabbage, then cut away the core. Stack the leaves and cut crosswise into thin strips.
A 1-lb. head of cabbage will yield 3-1/2 to 4 cups of shredded cabbage.
Prepare using instant white rice.
-Zesty Italian Dressing
-Lean Ground Beef
-Cream of Tomato Soup
Total fat 8 g
Saturated fat 2.5 g
Cholesterol 35 mg
Sodium 380 mg
Carbohydrate 35 g
Dietary fiber 4 g
Sugars 11 g
Protein 15 g
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump