By Mayo Clinic Staff
This quick-to-assemble, healthy wrap is a great way to use leftover chicken and to add vegetables to your diet.
Number of servings
- 3-4 ounces of chicken breasts
- 2 whole chipotle peppers
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup low-calorie mayonnaise
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 small yellow onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced rutabaga or other root vegetable
- 4 ounces spinach, cut into strips
- 2 whole-grain tortillas (12-inch diameter)
You can use leftover or rotisserie chicken if you have it. If not, preheat oven to 375 F or start grill. Bake or grill chicken breasts for about 10 minutes on each side until interior temperature is 165 F. Remove, cool and cube chicken.
In a blender, puree chipotle peppers with white wine vinegar and mayonnaise. Place all ingredients except spinach and tortillas in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
Place 2 ounces spinach and half the mixture in each tortilla and wrap. Cut each wrap in half to serve.
Nutritional analysis per serving
Serving size :1/2 wrap
- Total carbohydrate
- Dietary fiber
- Saturated fat
- Total fat
- Trans fat
- Monounsaturated fat
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests