By Mayo Clinic Staff
This quick-to-assemble, healthy wrap is a great way to use leftover chicken and to add vegetables to your diet.
- 3-4 ounces of chicken breasts
- 2 whole chipotle peppers
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup low-calorie mayonnaise
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 small yellow onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced rutabaga or other root vegetable
- 4 ounces spinach, cut into strips
- 2 whole-grain tortillas (12-inch diameter)
You can use leftover or rotisserie chicken if you have it. If not, preheat oven to 375 F or start grill. Bake or grill chicken breasts for about 10 minutes on each side until interior temperature is 165 F. Remove, cool and cube chicken.
In a blender, puree chipotle peppers with white wine vinegar and mayonnaise. Place all ingredients except spinach and tortillas in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
Place 2 ounces spinach and half the mixture in each tortilla and wrap. Cut each wrap in half to serve.
Nutritional analysis per serving
Serving size :1/2 wrap
- Total carbohydrate 26 g
- Dietary fiber 5 g
- Sodium 367 mg
- Saturated fat 2 g
- Total fat 8 g
- Trans fat 0 g
- Cholesterol 76 mg
- Protein 31 g
- Monounsaturated fat 3 g
- Calories 300
- Sugars 0 g
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 25, 2017
- Area church making capes for kids in pediatric ward
- VITA program helping people file their taxes
- La Crosse Children's Museum celebrates 18 years
- Lawmakers push bill to address dropped rural cellphone calls