Springtime Breakfast Burritos
Makes 4 burritos
1 Tbsp. olive oil
red bell pepper
6 green onions
1 cup canned black beans
2 Tbsp. cilantro
3 whole eggs
5 egg whites
4 (10") whole wheat tortillas
¼ cup salsa
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Heat skillet and olive oil over medium heat. Chop red pepper and onion and sauté for 4 minutes.
2. Drain black beans, add to skillet. Chop cilantro, add to skillet. Sauté for 2 minutes.
3. Beat eggs and whites in bowl with black pepper. Reduce stove heat to low-medium. Add eggs to pan, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
4. Distribute cooked egg mixture on each tortilla and top with salsa and cheese as desired.
Nutrition Analysis per serving: 400 calories,13g fat, 24g protein, 46g carbohydrate, 25g fiber, 720mg sodium
- Monday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion