Springtime Breakfast Burritos
Makes 4 burritos
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 red bell pepper
6 green onions
1 cup canned black beans
2 Tbsp. cilantro
3 whole eggs
5 egg whites
4 (10") whole wheat tortillas
¼ cup salsa
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Heat skillet and olive oil over medium heat. Chop red pepper and onion and sauté for 4 minutes.
2. Drain black beans, add to skillet. Chop cilantro, add to skillet. Sauté for 2 minutes.
3. Beat eggs and whites in bowl with black pepper. Reduce stove heat to low-medium. Add eggs to pan, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
4. Distribute cooked egg mixture on each tortilla and top with salsa and cheese as desired.
Nutrition Analysis per serving: 400 calories,13g fat, 24g protein, 46g carbohydrate, 25g fiber, 720mg sodium
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline
- Fatal shooting investigated in Bloomington