Springtime Breakfast Burritos
Makes 4 burritos
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 red bell pepper
6 green onions
1 cup canned black beans
2 Tbsp. cilantro
3 whole eggs
5 egg whites
4 (10") whole wheat tortillas
¼ cup salsa
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Heat skillet and olive oil over medium heat. Chop red pepper and onion and sauté for 4 minutes.
2. Drain black beans, add to skillet. Chop cilantro, add to skillet. Sauté for 2 minutes.
3. Beat eggs and whites in bowl with black pepper. Reduce stove heat to low-medium. Add eggs to pan, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
4. Distribute cooked egg mixture on each tortilla and top with salsa and cheese as desired.
Nutrition Analysis per serving: 400 calories,13g fat, 24g protein, 46g carbohydrate, 25g fiber, 720mg sodium
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.