Braised Beef Brisket with Spicy Jalapeno Sauce
Time Prep: 20 min
Total: 3 hr20 mins
Servings Total: 16 servings
What You Need:
¼ cup Zesty Italian Dressing
1beef brisket (3-1/2 lb.), about 2 inches thick
3cups sliced onions
3carrots, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
2jalapeño peppers, stemmed
½ cup water
½ cup Sour Cream
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Heat dressing in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add meat; cook 5 min. or until evenly browned, turning occasionally. Transfer to roasting pan or 13x9-inch baking dish.
- SURROUND with vegetables. Add water; cover tightly with foil. Bake 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is done (160ºF). Let stand, covered, 10 min.
- MEANWHILE, transfer vegetables to blender; blend until smooth. Add 1 cup meat drippings from bottom of pan; blend well.
- CUT meat across the grain into thin slices. Serve topped with vegetable sauce and sour cream.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse