Braised Beef Brisket with Spicy Jalapeno Sauce
Time Prep: 20 min
Total: 3 hr20 mins
Servings Total: 16 servings
What You Need:
¼ cup Zesty Italian Dressing
1beef brisket (3-1/2 lb.), about 2 inches thick
3cups sliced onions
3carrots, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
2jalapeño peppers, stemmed
½ cup water
½ cup Sour Cream
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Heat dressing in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add meat; cook 5 min. or until evenly browned, turning occasionally. Transfer to roasting pan or 13x9-inch baking dish.
- SURROUND with vegetables. Add water; cover tightly with foil. Bake 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is done (160ºF). Let stand, covered, 10 min.
- MEANWHILE, transfer vegetables to blender; blend until smooth. Add 1 cup meat drippings from bottom of pan; blend well.
- CUT meat across the grain into thin slices. Serve topped with vegetable sauce and sour cream.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser
- Parents accused of starving teen daughter plead not guilty
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore