Nutrition Analysis per serving: 350 calories, 11g fat, 16g protein, 51g carbohydrate, 12g fiber, 763mg sodium
Black Bean & Salsa Sloppy Joes
Getting started Equipment you will need: cutting board/knife, colander, medium skillet, spoon Do right away when you get home: Action step 1
3 garlic cloves
2 ½ cups black beans (no salt added)
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cups salsa (of your choice)
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. cumin
5 whole wheat hamburger buns
2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Mince garlic. Rinse and drain beans.
2. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add remaining ingredients. Bring contents to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Spoon into buns and top with cheese.
Suggested Side Items: fruit and yogurt parfait
Tips: Substitute hot sauce or barbeque sauce in place of Worcestershire sauce to create a different flavor. Choose a lower sodium salsa if you are watching your sodium intake.
Shopping list: 2 (15 oz) cans no salt added black beans 5 whole wheat hamburger buns Salsa (of your choice) Shredded cheddar cheese
Check for: Garlic Brown sugar Dijon mustard Olive oil Worcestershire sauce Cumin
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.