Nutrition Analysis per serving: 350 calories, 11g fat, 16g protein, 51g carbohydrate, 12g fiber, 763mg sodium
Black Bean & Salsa Sloppy Joes
Getting started Equipment you will need: cutting board/knife, colander, medium skillet, spoon Do right away when you get home: Action step 1
3 garlic cloves
2 ½ cups black beans (no salt added)
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cups salsa (of your choice)
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. cumin
5 whole wheat hamburger buns
2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Mince garlic. Rinse and drain beans.
2. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add remaining ingredients. Bring contents to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Spoon into buns and top with cheese.
Suggested Side Items: fruit and yogurt parfait
Tips: Substitute hot sauce or barbeque sauce in place of Worcestershire sauce to create a different flavor. Choose a lower sodium salsa if you are watching your sodium intake.
Shopping list: 2 (15 oz) cans no salt added black beans 5 whole wheat hamburger buns Salsa (of your choice) Shredded cheddar cheese
Check for: Garlic Brown sugar Dijon mustard Olive oil Worcestershire sauce Cumin
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks