Beef and Vegetable Kabobs
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 4 ounces top sirloin (choice)
- 4 tablespoons fat-free Italian dressing
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut into 4 pieces
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small onion, cut into 4 wedges
- 2 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes, or metal skewers
In a saucepan over high heat, combine the rice and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender, about 30 to 45 minutes. Add more water if necessary to keep the rice from drying out. Transfer to a small bowl to keep warm.
Cut the meat into 4 equal portions. Put the meat in a small bowl and pour Italian dressing over the top. Put in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes to marinate, turning as needed.
Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill or a broiler. Away from the heat source, lightly coat the grill rack or broiler pan with cooking spray. Position the cooking rack 4 to 6 inches from the heat source.
Thread 2 cubes of meat, 2 green pepper pieces, 2 cherry tomatoes and 2 onion wedges onto each skewer. Place the kebabs on the grill rack or broiler pan. Grill or broil the kebabs for about 5 to 10 minutes, turning as needed.
Divide the rice onto individual plates. Top with 1 kebab and serve immediately.
Nutritional analysis per serving
Serving size :1 kebab and 3/4 cup rice
- Total carbohydrate
- Dietary fiber
- Saturated fat
- Total fat
- Trans fat
- Monounsaturated fat
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff