BBQ Cornbread Casserole
Makes 8 - 1 cup servings
Equipment you will need: nonstick skillet; small mixing bowl; spatula/scraper; square, 2 quart or 11x7 inch baking pan
Preheat oven to: 400°
1 onion, small-medium
1 green pepper
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1. Wash and dry pepper. Chop onion and pepper and add to skillet with oil on med-high heat until vegetables are soft.
1 lb. lean (90-95%) ground beef
1/2 tsp. ground pepper
2. Add to skillet with vegetables and cook. About 5-10 minutes.
1 Jiffy cornbread dry mix
1/3 cup milk
3. Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl mix all ingredients together as directed on package, set aside.
3/4 cup BBQ sauce
1 can chili beans with sauce
4. Add to skillet after beef is cooked through, bring mixture to a boil.
5. Add hot mixture to greased baking pan, top with cornbread mixture, bake 30-40 minutes or until cornbread is browned.
6. Wash and drain green beans, with 5 minutes left on oven time; steam in the microwave or in a steamer.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration