Baked salmon with Southeast Asian marinade
Dietitian's tip: Salmon works well on the grill. After you've wrapped the fish in aluminum foil, grill until firm and opaque throughout, about 10 minutes on each side. Serve on couscous with steamed green beans on the side.
1/2 cup pineapple juice
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
2 salmon fillets, each 4 ounces
1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 cup diced fresh fruit, such as pineapple, mango and papaya
In a small bowl, add the pineapple juice, garlic, soy sauce and ginger. Stir to mix evenly.
Arrange the salmon fillets in a small baking dish. Pour the pineapple juice mixture over the top. Put in the refrigerator and marinate for 1 hour. Turn the salmon periodically as needed.
Preheat the oven to 375 F. Lightly coat 2 squares of aluminum foil with cooking spray. Place the marinated salmon fillets on the aluminum foil. Drizzle each with 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil. Sprinkle with pepper and top each with 1/2 cup diced fruit.
Wrap the foil around the salmon, folding the edges down to seal. Bake until the fish is opaque throughout when tested with the tip of a knife, about 10 minutes on each side. Transfer the salmon to warmed individual plates and serve immediately.
Nutritional analysis per serving
|Serving size: 1 fillet|
|Total fat||13 g||Total carbohydrate||24 g|
|Saturated fat||3 g||Dietary fiber||1 g|
|Monounsaturated fat||4 g||Protein||23 g|
- The Latest: Trump take executive action on oil pipelines
- Minnesota governor eyes fast return to work after collapse
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Bipartisan proposal would eliminate publishing minutes
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child arrested in NY
- Section of riverbank collapses near City Hall in Des Moines