Asparagus and Shrimp with Penne Pasta
Prep: 15 min
Total: 27 min
Servings: 6 servings, about 1-1/2 cups each
What you need:
1 bunch (1 lb.) asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces
½ cup prepared GOOD SEASONS Garlic & Herb Dressing Mix, divided
1 lb. cleaned medium shrimp
1 large red pepper, cut into thin strips
2 cups penne pasta or ziti pasta, uncooked
1 pkg. (4 oz.) ATHENOS Traditional Feta Cheese
Make Asparagus and Shrimp with Penne Pasta
COOK asparagus in 1 Tbsp. of the prepared dressing in large nonstick skillet on medium heat 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add shrimp and red pepper; cover. Cook 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
MEANWHILE, cook pasta as directed on package.
DRAIN pasta; place in large serving bowl. Add remaining dressing, asparagus mixture and cheese; toss lightly. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Kraft Kitchen Tips:
HEALTHY LIVING Looking to include more whole grains in your diet? Then use whole-wheat pasta in this Greek-inspired meal.
STORAGE KNOW HOW Stand fresh asparagus spears upright in a container filled with about 1 inch of water. Cover with a plastic bag and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
SHRIMP SIZES The size of a shrimp is indicated by the count or number of shrimp per pound. The smaller the number, the larger the shrimp. Shrimp size terminology varies from place to place, so the count is the most accurate way to call for shrimp in a recipe. A basic guideline is: 11 to 15 is jumbo; 16 to 20 is extra large; 21 to 30 is large; 31 to 35 is medium and 36 to 45 is small.
- Fresh asparagus
- Good season's garlic and herb dressing mis
- Medium shrimp
- Red pepper
- Penne pasta
- Feta Cheese
Total fat 15 g
Saturated fat 4.5 g
Cholesterol 160 mg
Sodium 620 mg
Carbohydrate 33 g
Dietary fiber 3 g
Sugars 4 g
Protein 25 g
Vitamin A 45 %DV
Vitamin C 50 %DV
Calcium 10 %DV
Iron 25 %DV
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure