Apple Butter Pork Loin
Makes 8 servings
Getting started Equipment you will need: 9x13 baking dish with lid or aluminum foil, small bowl, whisk Preheat oven to: 350o Do right away when you get home: action step 1
2 (2 lb.) boneless pork loin roast Seasoning salt to taste*
2 cups apple juice
½ cup apple butter
¼ cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp. water
¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. ground cloves
1. Season pork loins with seasoning salt and place in a 9x13 baking dish. Pour apple juice over pork; cover with lid or aluminum foil. Bake for 1 hour in preheated oven.
2. While the pork is roasting, mix remaining ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
3. Remove pork roasts from the oven, and spread with apple butter mixture. Cover, and return to the oven for 2 hours, or until fork-tender.
Suggested Side Items: Easy Whipped Sweet Potatoes and green beans with almonds
Tips: This recipe can easily be doubled to serve more people or halved to serve less. Leftovers, reheated the next day make a great sandwich filling.
Shopping list: 2 (2 lb.) pork loin roasts Apple juice Apple butter
Check for: Brown sugar Ground cinnamon and cloves
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests