Hazelnut oil lends its distinctive flavor and aroma to this salad. I like to serve the mixture atop spicy arugula leaves.
¼ c. hazelnut oil
3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/8 tsp. freshly ground pepper, or to taste
1/8 tsp. salt, or to taste
3 c. green beans in 2-inch lengths (about 12 ounces)
½ c. minced red bell pepper
2 tbsp. minced onion
To make the dressing, Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
To make the salad, Put the green beans in a medium microwave-proof dish; add about ¼ cup water. Cover tightly and microwave on high for about 5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the beans. (Or cook the beans in a stovetop steamer.) Rinse with cold water and drain well.
Transfer the beans to a medium bowl. Add the bell pepper and onion; toss. Whisk the vinaigrette; add it to the salad and toss again. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
Use a slotted spoon to strain the beans for serving.
YIELD: 4 servings
This salad will keep for up to 3 days in a tightly closed container in the refrigerator.
- Klobuchar promotes Guard and Reserve legislation
- Aspen Dental offers free dental care to veterans
- Ex-Wisconsin teacher sentenced for sexual assault of student
- Company: 5th worker has died after Wisconsin mill explosion
- UW-L science camps offer kids hands-on learning
- Mayo Clinic opens in Belle Square
- ReNew La Crosse celebrates neighborhood revitalization efforts
- Study provides more accurate estimates of genetic breast, ovarian cancer risk
- Rotary racks up the ribs with annual 'Rock-n-Ribs' event
- Celebrate Onalaska kicks off