LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Want to try to get your kids outside? That's the goal of the Youth Outdoor Fest.
It's their 6th annual event put together by the La Crosse Parks and Recreation department. Pontoon rides, boat driving and hiking are just a few of the 30 outdoor activities offered. It's a great event for kids to get outside and have fun while also learning about what they can do to stay active.
"It allows them and their families to make connections with these outdoor groups so that they can continue to do these activities throughout the summer and the winter," said Jenna Marry, a biological science technician for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. "It really exposes them to things that they may not otherwise get exposed to."
The fish and wildlife service hopes to top last year's number of more than 2, 500 attendants.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients