LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A local business supports the idea of a local republican and democrat coming together for a common cause.
Blain's Farm and Fleet donated more than $6,000 worth of toys this week to the second annual Together for Toys drive. The event is hosted by Julian Bradley and Andrew Londre.
Everything they gather supports Toys for Tots, which collects new and gently used toys to give to families in need for Christmas.
Bradley and Londre say the response this year was overwhelming, and left them speechless. "There are hundreds and hundreds of toys here that are now going to be in the hands of children in our community that wouldn't have had them otherwise," said Londre.
"I think this shows what can happen when people who may disagree on certain issues come together for the good of the community I mean, this blew us away, said Bradley."
They had to get a moving van to transport all of the toys, which will be delivered on Saturday.
Londre and Bradley say they will definitely hold Together for Toys again next year.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure