Are you looking for ways to spruce up your yard this fall? Check out these landscaping ideas that are perfect for the autumn months ahead.
1. Plant fall flowers
Mums are hearty flowers that flourish in the fall weather. Go for deep colors like red and plum to spice up your lawn.
2. Highlight your front door
Another great way to add a splash of color to your exterior is by painting your front door a deep fall hue. If you don't want to commit to painting, you can always add a festive wreath,
3. Install outdoor lighting
This is not only a great decorative idea, it's a practical one too! As winter approaches, it starts to become darker earlier and earlier. Install decorative lighting to illuminate walkways and use lanterns to brighten entrances.
4. Play with pumpkins
Add pumpkins and other gourds to your porch for a distinct fall look. This is a cheap and natural way to play up the autumn look.
5. Keep it clean
Remember to clear out those gutters and keep the lawn cut short in the fall. This will give you a clean pallette to work with for decorating.
- Water-damaged cars from Hurricane Harvey may end up for sale locally
- Walker to launch re-election campaign Nov. 5 in Waukesha
- Watt brothers' Badgers bobblehead unveiled
- Receptionist's family sues over fatal Minnesota school blast
- Iowa City bans smoking, chewing tobacco in all city parks
- Search to resume for missing boater
- Uncertainty reigns ahead of new health care sign-up period
- Part of Market Street, La Crosse closed for utility work
- Packers QB Brett Hundley prepares for 1st NFL start
- Enchanted Forest returns to Myrick Park this weekend