BLACK EARTH, Wis. (AP) - A Wisconsin company is recalling about 99 pounds of beef tongue.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture says Black Earth Meat Market is recalling the products because they may not have had the tonsils completely removed.
The recall involves various size cases of Black Earth Meats Natural Beef Tongues and Black Earth Meats Local Beef Tongues produced by the Black Earth-based company on October 8, 11, 17 and 18.
The products were distributed to a restaurant in Wisconsin and a distributor in Illinois.
The USDA says the problem was discovered during a routine food safety assessment. Cattle tonsils have to be removed from food to avoid exposing people to mad cow disease. The USDA says there is no indication that any of the cattle slaughtered showed any signs of the disease.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership