LE MARS, Iowa (AP) - Wells' Dairy says it is voluntarily recalling one of its Blue Bunny ice cream products for a labeling problem.
The Le Mars, Iowa-based company said in a news release Saturday that packages of 56 fluid-ounce Blue Bunny Premium Bordeaux Cherry Chocolate Ice Cream are being recalled because the product may contain egg not declared on the label. People who are allergic to egg could have a severe reaction if they consume the ice cream.
The packages were sold at retail grocery stores in Kansas, Indiana and Iowa. The products affected are from Lot Number 40010 TTT 19115, and have a best-used-by date of Oct. 9, 2015.
The company says no customers have reported any illnesses in connection with the ice cream to date.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Prison launches service dog training program
- Heart disease survivor pushes forward
- Flooding affecting Memorial Day camping in La Crosse
- Father-son team arrested in Chicago-to-La Crosse drug trade, police say
- La Crosse Valley View Mall for sale by property owner
- Emergency responders take part in mass casualty drill at La Crosse airport
- Gehl Foods distributed nacho cheese linked to fatal botulism
- La Crosse Center approves 10-game schedule for pro basketball team
- City officials propose lower speed limit for Losey Blvd.