LE MARS, Iowa (AP) - Wells' Dairy says it is voluntarily recalling one of its Blue Bunny ice cream products for a labeling problem.
The Le Mars, Iowa-based company said in a news release Saturday that packages of 56 fluid-ounce Blue Bunny Premium Bordeaux Cherry Chocolate Ice Cream are being recalled because the product may contain egg not declared on the label. People who are allergic to egg could have a severe reaction if they consume the ice cream.
The packages were sold at retail grocery stores in Kansas, Indiana and Iowa. The products affected are from Lot Number 40010 TTT 19115, and have a best-used-by date of Oct. 9, 2015.
The company says no customers have reported any illnesses in connection with the ice cream to date.
- Viroqua chef nominated for highest honor in restaurant industry
- State to contribute $5 million to La Crosse Center renovations
- La Crosse Fire Department investigating two early morning fires
- Police searching for man who robbed Holy Smokes at gun point
- Warmer than average temperatures benefit area businesses, ski tournaments
- Kayaker found in river near Winona identified
- Democrat Kind not ruling out run for governor against Walker
- Wisconsin lawmakers ditch plans to end daylight saving time
- JJ Watt donates $10K to fund for family in Hwy. 30 wreck
- Mardi Gras ball raises money for schools, names new rex, queen