LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - One area hospital offered a hands-on opportunity to take hold of your health.
Gundersen Health Systems hosted Wellness Fest Saturday at the La Crosse Center, where people could stop by and learn more about their health through free screenings, do-it-yourself seminars and other activities.
Local businesses were also on hand to share their health services. Among the activities were car seat safety checks and bike helmet fittings for kids. Organizers say no matter what your age, there's something to learn about your health.
"Not only is it free, we have something for every one of all ages," said Shayna Schertz of Gundersen Health System. "If you don't have a family, if you have a family, come on down, there'll be something for you to do and hopefully something for you to walk away with, some good information on your health."
This is the 3rd annual Wellness Fest for La Crosse. Organizers expected more than 1,500 people to take part Saturday.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser