LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - One area hospital offered a hands-on opportunity to take hold of your health.
Gundersen Health Systems hosted Wellness Fest Saturday at the La Crosse Center, where people could stop by and learn more about their health through free screenings, do-it-yourself seminars and other activities.
Local businesses were also on hand to share their health services. Among the activities were car seat safety checks and bike helmet fittings for kids. Organizers say no matter what your age, there's something to learn about your health.
"Not only is it free, we have something for every one of all ages," said Shayna Schertz of Gundersen Health System. "If you don't have a family, if you have a family, come on down, there'll be something for you to do and hopefully something for you to walk away with, some good information on your health."
This is the 3rd annual Wellness Fest for La Crosse. Organizers expected more than 1,500 people to take part Saturday.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns