LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse County's Health Department is being honored as one of the best in the country.
The department is now recognized as a nationally accredited health department.
The county went through a rigorous process to get the accreditation, with federal officials taking a look at the data collected by the county health department, while also assessing their community health improvement plan.
La Crosse County Health Director Jen Rombalski credits the passionate people working in the department for making the designation possible.
"They come to work every day, this is a public sector job, we care about what we do here, and we do that in conjunction with working with people in the community every day," said Rombalski. "Every one of these health department staff members really care about what they do and want to do what's best for the community."
La Crosse County is one of just 10 health departments in Wisconsin and one of the first 150 departments across the country to earn the national accreditation.
- Hunger Task Force garners tons of food through Family Fest
- La Crosse Fire Department offering free smoke alarm installation
- Area prospective home buyers learning basics
- Sunday liquor sales heads for final Minnesota Senate vote
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Researchers may have found link between stress and weight gain