LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse Blue Stars are holding their first ever 5K run/walk.
The Running With the Stars event is helping raise awareness about the Blue Stars, and celebrate their 50th anniversary.
The money raised will help fund the group's scholarship fund.
Participants will enjoy the scenic Myrick Park but will also be treated to something special. "Along the route we'll have performers performing, whether it's a horn, a drum or one of the guard members and then in addition to that we'll actually have members of the corps participating in the event so you're actually running with the stars," said Race Director Niki Furlano.
The Blue Stars will also perform after the race.
Running With the Stars is this Sunday, June 15th at the Myrick Eco Park. Registration starts at 8 a.m. and the race starts at 9 a.m. You can also register right now online at www.bluestars.org.
- Dayton plots big budget with public health insurance option
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Walker to deliver budget address on Feb. 8
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked