LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse Blue Stars are holding their first ever 5K run/walk.
The Running With the Stars event is helping raise awareness about the Blue Stars, and celebrate their 50th anniversary.
The money raised will help fund the group's scholarship fund.
Participants will enjoy the scenic Myrick Park but will also be treated to something special. "Along the route we'll have performers performing, whether it's a horn, a drum or one of the guard members and then in addition to that we'll actually have members of the corps participating in the event so you're actually running with the stars," said Race Director Niki Furlano.
The Blue Stars will also perform after the race.
Running With the Stars is this Sunday, June 15th at the Myrick Eco Park. Registration starts at 8 a.m. and the race starts at 9 a.m. You can also register right now online at www.bluestars.org.
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay