LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Monday marks the start of another week-long promotion related to health awareness. Bike to work week is a time for commuters to stay active while on their way to work.
It's a simple concept, instead of driving a car, ride a bike. Other than being a healthier alternative, commuters also say its a good way to simply start your day. "I enjoy the challenge," said Charlie Lipke, who bikes to work, "it makes me feel really good, and everyday when you get to work you can feel that you've accomplished something even before you start work."
- Task force catches more criminals exploiting children online
- Belle Square development moves forward
- Crews begin renovations on La Crosse's Powell Park
- La Crosse officials look for input on proposed 'greenway'
- Wisconsin judge drops power line construction ban
- One week after storms, cleanup continues
- New La Crosse Fire Chief approved by Fire Commission
- ‘Go Red for Women' La Crosse luncheon highlights heart disease among women
- La Crosse city departments host ‘City Open House' for residents
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash