LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Monday marks the start of another week-long promotion related to health awareness. Bike to work week is a time for commuters to stay active while on their way to work.
It's a simple concept, instead of driving a car, ride a bike. Other than being a healthier alternative, commuters also say its a good way to simply start your day. "I enjoy the challenge," said Charlie Lipke, who bikes to work, "it makes me feel really good, and everyday when you get to work you can feel that you've accomplished something even before you start work."
- Attorney general announces deal on drug overdose treatment
- Viterbo students spend one night homeless
- Warm weather a worry for apple growers
- Organic conference returns to La Crosse
- WSU Baseball drafts 14-year-old for team
- City of La Crosse looks to crowdsource Buzz's Bikes fix
- City planners asking for more input on Highway 53 corridor plan
- Rochester might oust 200 students over vaccine requirements
- Trespass charges for man living in hospital closet
- Preschool teacher, 4-year-old recovering after ‘perfect kidney' transplant