LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Monday marks the start of another week-long promotion related to health awareness. Bike to work week is a time for commuters to stay active while on their way to work.
It's a simple concept, instead of driving a car, ride a bike. Other than being a healthier alternative, commuters also say its a good way to simply start your day. "I enjoy the challenge," said Charlie Lipke, who bikes to work, "it makes me feel really good, and everyday when you get to work you can feel that you've accomplished something even before you start work."
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death